Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Praetorian insurance | Who are they?

by Rochelle

I was recently involved in a hit and run accident. The police located the person and he was a juvenile. My car is totalled and his mother has praetorian insurance.

Can I make a claim against this insurance to recoup my losses?


Hello Rochelle,

Yeah, you can. The insurance company (praetorian) insured the vehicle. The old saying is: Insurance follows the car. Therefore, the driver (the juvenile) is covered (as long as she had permission to drive this car).

You should make a total loss claim against this insurance company as soon as you can.

To learn more about total losses, visit:

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432