Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Rear ended | Waiting for the police report but injured?

by Pernilla
(Forest, VA)

I was in a car accident two weeks ago. The other car's driver rear ended me. However, it was not her car and she was not on the policy.

It was her dad and his insurance policy. Well, their insurance company (Mercury insurance) is telling me that they need her statement before they can process the claim. Well, in mean time, I am driving around in my car and have one broken lamp and a messed up bumper.

I am risking getting a ticket driving like this. I also have to be treated for whiplash injury due to this accident. How long do I have to wait before the claim get processed? Should I get my lawyer involved?



Well, getting a recorded statement from the policy holder and the driver is a normal part of the process. However, you should contact your own insurance company to see if you have PIP coverage for your medical treatment. If you are injured and you still hurt after two weeks after the accident, you do need to be seen just to check that everything Is okay.

As always, it is very important that you talk with a local attorney!
Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432