Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Sales tax refund on a claim

by Jackie
(Gibson City,IL)

I just purchased a car that was only three days old that was involved in a accident the car was totaled. (our fault). The insurance company is going to reimburse me for the full price of the car, the sales tax and the transfer of the plates. They are telling me that it is a state law in IL that they cannot give me a check for the sales tax until I can prove that I bought another car.

I am looking to see if this is a true statement or not.



Hello Jackie,

We have no idea... Sorry. This is a state specific claim. You will have to talk to an IL lawyer for that.

We are sorry.

Thanks and good luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432