Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Same insurance claimit? How does that work?

by Fran

Both parties have the same insurance co. so how does that work? I have P I. CASE .other person is at fault in the auto accident. Just wondering how it all works with having the same insurance co. thank you for your time.


Hello, you have what we call, a “dual claim.” Two claim numbers must be assigned (one for you as an insured and one for them as an insured). They will have to have two adjusters – one on their side and one on yours.

Each adjuster must represent their insured until the claim is settled.

As always, it is very important that you talk with a local attorney!
Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432