Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Suing in small claims court for Auto Accident?

by Julia

I need to file in the small claims court, for an auto accident where a 19 year old rear ended my car, the registered owner of the vehicle is his father, neither had insurance.

Who do I file my claim against the Father or the Son or Both?


Hello Julia,

the answer is it depends on your jurisdiction. You can cover yourself by naming both and have them come forward. That is the best course of action.

Please visit

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432