Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Texas insurance claim

Loaned car to friend and he wrecked into a tree. I come to find out his license was suspended.

Will my full coverage pay. The accident happened in Texas.


Most likely yes. However, there are insurance clauses in certain auto policies that require that you be a licensed driver. This is a very controversial issue. States are divided on this issue. We are not sure what Texas does.

Look at your policy and see if there is exclusions for unlicensed drivers. If there is contact the Texas department of insurance and ask if this is an enforceable clause in your state.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432