Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Two Deductibles for Stolen Property and Vehicle Damage

by Suzanne
(California, USA)

My truck was stolen, damaged and subsequently recovered. The insurance company is saying the policy deductible for the vehicle damage applies.

As for the stolen personal property, they say the auto coverage does not apply but that would be covered but under my homeowners' policy, with the same company, which also has a deductible. So they say I have to pay two deductibles for one occurrence! Is that right?

I am in California.


Hello Suzanne,

Yes, that is correct. You have two different policies and each policy is subject to one deductible. Personal property is not covered under the auto policy, so your claim about the loss of the personal property is a different claim.

I am sorry to report that.

As always, it is very important that you talk with a local attorney!
Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432