Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Visitor backs off and I also backed off and had accident

by Max

I live in an apartment and a visitor backs off and I also backed off and had accident. our rear collided.

We agreed to fix our car verbally, but after a week I receive a letter from her insurance company that she filed a claim against me.

Please somebody help me I'm barely able to save $80 a month plus i got family, I'm so depressed, please Help Me.

I live in California.


Hello Max,

Usually backing accidents are split fault. Some times they are 50% split, sometimes they are some more. If you have insurance, you should file a claim and have them handle this matter. They will have to pay for her damages if you are at fault, but they can help you document your claim so you have a strong claim.

To learn how insurance companies determine fault, please see:

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432