Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

What kind of rental car am I entitled to?

by Dennis
(Rapid City, SD)

I was not at fault for an accident and I have a mazda 626lx and while my car is getting repaired they gave me p.o.s. chevy Colbalt. I'm wondering if I am entitled to a better car?


In most states you would not be entitled to a better car. The insurance company must only pay for "reasonable" transportation, which could mean anything (It's not very well defined, so a bus pass could do technically).

Contact the department of insurance of your state, they will be able to give you a better answer (the one that would apply to your situation), please see:

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432