Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Who Pays For My Injuries ...?


On October 12, 2010 in Rhode Island, I was involved in an auto accident in which I was deemed to be At-Fault. But, I have full coverage on my policy and the other driver, who was driving a rented car from Zip-Car, located in Massacusettes, have a No-Fault coverage" for third party claims.

Even though, my insurance company paid for Hospital bills, Chiropractor bills, rental car, however, they denied paying for my pain and suffering as a result of the accident, and directing me to contact the other driver's insurance.

The other drivers insurance denied to pay me stating that because I was at-fault, they cannot pay me any money for my injuries.

Since both companies denied payments, my question is : Who do I turn to for this payment ? as I suffered pains and suffering which lasted more than three months, and I feel one of the two companies should remedy the payment in question.

Thank you


Sounds like you are 100% fault for the accident. You are not entitled pain and suffering under any policy.

Your negligence cause the accident. Your policy will pay for your medical bills and expenses (as specifically stipulated in your auto policy) but not pain, suffering, and/or any inconvenience, etc.

Think about how may people would cause accidents to then claim pain and suffering... That's not the way the system works.

As always, it is very important that you talk with a local attorney!
Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432