Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!
Alaska Personal Injury Attorneys
Alaska personal injury attorneys are dedicated to protect the rights of the people who have suffered injuries injured because of negligent conduct or intentional wrongdoing on the part of another person in Alaska.
Ask a Lawyer Now!
They help their clients collect the compensation that they deserve to pay the medical bills so they can get their lives under control. If you or your loved one have been seriously hurt because of someone else’s negligence, it is important to seek the legal advice from experienced Alaska personal injury attorneys to pursue justice in order to secure a court-ordered judgment on the victim’s behalf.
The insurance industry’s data shows that people who are represented with an attorney receive significantly more for their injuries and losses than those who try to handle their own claims. Personal injury claims are often very complicated because they involve many legal issues aside from determining the one who is at fault for the injury. Some compare the process to gambling where you need to risk something in order to win or lost. You need to rely upon your attorney to help you present your bets in the best possible way.
In Alaska, the main focus of personal injury laws is to create a cause of action that will allow an injured party to sue the person who caused his injuries. Some examples of situations covered under Alaska personal injury include:
- Automobile Accidents
- Alaska is considered a fault state that is why if you are involved in an automobile accident you can sue the driver who is responsible for you injuries so you can collect damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and emotional distress.
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical practitioners owes you a duty to provide you with a level of care that you need, but when he fails to do so you may be able to sue him for medical negligence.
- Wrongful Death
- When a loved one dies unexpectedly because of someone else’s negligence you may sue the liable party for the damages. This may also depend upon certain conditions.
- Slip and Falls
- In Alaska, the most important thing to do if you have suffred slip and fall injury claims is to proved the injury liability which means that the person plaintiff must prove the other party was at fault. In general, property owners should be held responsible for their negligence in keeping their property safe.
- Product Liability
- Product liabilty law involves injuries caused by using unsafe products. In this case, manufacturers, designers and distributor of the product are strictly held responsible for the damages that are caused by the product.
- Worker’s Compensation
- In Alaska, employers are required to provide worker’s compensation insurance for his employees. The insurance covers for medical expenses and replace lost income for employees who are injured while working.
For most personal injury claim, there is a time limit that restricts a person to initiate legal proceedings which specifies a period of time to report an accident or the moment the victim has been injured. When the claim is filed after the period set, the lasuit will be dismissed for being untimely. Here is the time period restriction for personal injury in Alaska:
- Negligence or personal injury: 2 years
- Wrongful death: 2 years
- Medical Malpractice: 2 years with Discovery Rule
- Product Liability: 2 years with Discovery Rule
- Intentional Torts: 2 years
Alaska Consumer Protection Lawyers
Alaska Trucking Accident Lawyer
Alaska Truck Accident Lawyers
Alaska Personal Injury Lawyers
Alaska Birth Injury Attorneys
For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432